flipbook animation

Drawings by Kevin Micallef. All artwork copyright flipbook Animation Inc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada

Friday, January 20, 2006

Again...boy and creature..
First of all, I would like to thank everyone who has stopped by my little blog. Your kind words are incredibly encouraging. I thank you all.

This idea has been bouncing around in my head for almost 2 years now. I've posted a few different sketches which surrounds my story. I guess since I'm an animator and not a writer, I feel more comfortable "boarding" it instead of writing. I have pages and pages of thumbnails, story sketches and quick notes which helps me with character development, design as well as story. I really hopes it comes together....only time will tell.

7 Comments:

Blogger kevin micallef said...

Hey Kristen!! Glad you dropped in. I'll have to tell you about it sometime.

1/20/2006 11:35 AM  
Blogger Perry Linton Joseph Osuna said...

the creature design is nice and there is a good feeling of freindship between the two of them good job.

1/20/2006 1:44 PM  
Blogger JOE GIAMPAPA said...

dat's-a-good I like-a

1/20/2006 3:19 PM  
Blogger Dave James said...

Kevin:

I have written and sketched my first children's book. It's in the process of being rejected. (haha)

Anyhoo, I belong to SCBWI. They are a great help.

The great Disney storyboard artist Bill Peet (published tons of books) started his books by boarding out the story first, and added the words later. I'm not sure he did this for all of his books, but I'm sure he did it for his first few.

Nice work. I look forward to seeing more from A Boy and His Creature.

Dave

1/20/2006 3:39 PM  
Blogger kevin micallef said...

Thanks Linton and Joe!!

Thanks Dave! Appreciate the info!! Good luck with your book!!

1/20/2006 7:42 PM  
Blogger willipino said...

cool concept art. i would love to see more.

1/21/2006 11:52 AM  
Blogger Suresh Khatri said...

Nice pictures thanks for sharing it and i want more Wedding pictures.

2/22/2013 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home